Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering 9-11 Our Firefighters and Heroes



Donated by:Barbra Wineman Scognamiglio- a friend from Waterbury, Connecticut where I grew up as a child.
• Marsha, thanks for the opportunity......I fondly remember my cousin David as being a jokester, always full of life and a lot of fun. He was born in Freeport LI and always wanted to be a firefighter. He spent countless hours in the fire station there, making friends with everyone. He became one of the elite Rescue 1 firemen; he was honored by the Mayor for rescuing a man whose car went of the road and into the Hudson River, diving into the river to save him. And as ironic as it was, the man was a friend of my Aunt Elaine’s. He had massive arms, covered in tattoos, his looks were rough and tough but he was gentle and loving. He was truly a hero, my personal hero of 9/11...nothing was ever found of him, but I am confident that he made it to heaven and is watching over everyone who loved him!
Images by Barbra Wineman Scognamiglio
This touched my heart so much that I had to share, special thanks to Barbra for this unique contribution. To the wonderful firefighters who lost their lives in vain, we salute you and dedicate this post to David on behalf of all of them.

No comments: